Thursday 28 May 2015

A good Mom night



Last night was a good Mom night. 

Usually on my ‘single parent’ nights (when A is working late, or out) I rush around trying to get stuff done and organised, stick to a schedule and I always, ALWAYS end up stressed and frazzled and the poor tiny human does too. 

Last night was a beautiful spring evening – the sun was shining it was warm and lovely. We played in the garden and when we were done the tiny human had a long extra bubbly bath, even though it was an hour before ‘bath time’ – the bags remained unpacked, the dishes in the drying rack and toys out.
I didn’t check my emails when he was bathing, instead I took pictures of his adorable face and played with him…and when the grime and dirt of his very busy day was washed off and the bubbles were gone we got out and put on our PJ’s snuggled up on the sofa and watched Toy Story had bananas and milk and ALL THE CUDDLES. 

He happily went up to bed half an hour early and I managed to get all the ‘important’ stuff done once he settled down. 

I didn’t have to do one time out – there were no raised voices, just laughter and cuddles and good times. 

He is such a good reminder to me to slow down, and let go. Yes dishes in the sink stress me out – but they’ll get done eventually. And let’s be real, the Queen isn’t popping round any time soon. 

This tiny human of mine won’t be tiny for long, so here’s to more nights like last night. 

Less dishes and more cuddles. 



ax

1 comment:

  1. I am extremely greatfull to you as you shared this.I am recently developing associate app spotify premium apk zippy that is you would possibly have an interest to appear thereon

    ReplyDelete