Friday 28 November 2014

It's almost DECEMBER

Can you ruddy believe it.

It's Friday afternoon and when I'm back at my desk on Monday it will be DECEMBER.

My most favorite and also most stressy month.

We usually don't do the Christmassy stuff until later in December, with me being a December baby and all and my mother refusing anything Christmas oriented until the 16th.

However as I've grown older I've slowly started letting Christmas seep in to my life earlier and earlier each year...and this year, with the Tiny Human not understanding why exactly, but know that something very exciting is going on...I'm going full hog as early as I can (so much so, we even went to see Santa/Father Christmas last Monday...in NOVEMBER!)

I have plans, and things are happening. There are pantos, and baking and tree picking out and decorating, and seeing Christmas lights, and present buying and wrapping said presents, and card writing, and crafts. Not to mention seeing friends and family, going for meals, and drinks and just SO MUCH FUN AND LOVE.

Weekends are full but not overflowing allowing for plenty of movie watching, naps and chilling...we're making plans, but not too many. The goal this year is ALL the fun, with limited stress.

Christmas baking starts in November this year, and if this means I can stay up reading Christmas books to the Tiny Human, or watch Christmas movies (hello Love Actually) and drink mulled wine with the hubs and have no guilt about all the things I should be doing to make everything perfect, I'm ok with it.

I'm going in to December striving for balance, organisation and calm (but exciting) enjoyment of the season.

Bring it on, deck the halls, be merry and bright and all that other great stuff.

a xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment