Tuesday 14 October 2014

Giving thanks

Even though I live outside of my 'home and native land' I still try to celebrate the national holidays...as well as being an excuse for nice food and spending time with friends and family (let's be real, that's the basis for all good holidays!) it's also become more important since the tiny human showed up - as I want him to have some Canadian...and American traditions and understand his Mommas background.

There are very few moments I genuinely and honestly feel like I wish I had a teleporter to take me home immediatly - but seeing the insta's and snapz from my sister really made me want to click my heels together and go home.

I have lots to be thankful for, and I really appreciate having a day where the whole purpose is to be thankful...think about the things that make you happy and are the good bits...which for me, often get stuck behind the bits that aren't so good, or that annoy and frustrate me.

So here's to a day dedicated to giving thanks, spending time with family and friends and being really really full.



For those who want to know what Canadian Thanksgiving is all about, or why it's different than American...here's a link.

a xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment